|Specialization / Discipline
||Post Harvest Technology
||Crop Production and Post Harvest Technology
||Suresh.Paramasivam@icar.gov.in , firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salient Research Achievements
- Irrigation scheduling for tomato, planting methods and soil mixtures to alleviate edaphic and drought stress were developed at ICAR-NIASM.
- Water saving techniques like partial root zone drying (PRD) and deficit irrigation (DI) strategies were identified for fruit and vegetable crops.
- During my tenure at NEH region, various projects including CSS Technology Mission for Horticulture Development in NE states, NAIP Projects on livelihood improvement via establishment of low cost polyhouse, DBT project for tissue culture production of Khasi mandarin; five different NHB projects on Banana, pineapple, khasi mandarin, farming system and postharvest for holistic development of Horticulture in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Influence of mulching and irrigation intensities on plant growth, yield, nutrients, polyphenols and antioxidant activity for Khasi mandarin, strawberry and kiwi fruits.
- Developed technologies for production, processing and value addition. Rejuventation of khasi mandarin orchard, budding techniques, mulching and irrigation requirement for strawberry, khasi mandarin, year round production of vegetables under low cost polyhouse, production technology for gladiolus and gerbera.
- Osmo processing for bamboo and pineapple, processed products from indigenous fruits like taktir, drying technologies for bamboo
- Estimated and assayed nutrient content, phenol and antioxidant potential of various underutilized fruits and vegetables of Arunachal Pradesh.
Biochemistry of banana fruit ripening and characterization of high value compounds of fruit and flower (Co-PI)
- Functions of resistant starch and designer food development from banana flour (PI)
Development of banana sucker paring equipment, pseudo-stem injector, bunch harvester and pseudo-stem outer sheath plate making equipment (CC-PI)
|Area of Interest
||Starch, fiber, designer and nano food formulations, nutraceuticals
|Total Research Publications
|Best five Publications
- Nangare, D.D., Singh, Y., Suresh Kumar P. and Minhas, P.S. 2016. Growth, fruit yield, and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) as affected by deficit irrigation on regulated phonological basis. Agric Water Manage. 171: 73-79. 8.29 (A076).
- Suresh Kumar, P., Singh, Y., Nangare, D.D., Bhagat, K., Kumar, M., Taware, P.B., Kumari, A. and Minhas, P.S. 2015. Influence of growth stage specific water stress on the yield, physic-chemical quality and functional characteristics of tomato grown in shallow basaltic soils. Sci. Hortic. 197C: 261-271. 7.37 (S017).
- Zhang, C.R., Jayasree, E., Suresh Kumar, P. and Nair, M.G. 2015. Antioxidant and Antiinflammatory compounds in nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) pericarp as determined by in vitro assays. Natl. Product Communications. 10 (8): 1399-1402. 6.91 (N013).
- Suresh Kumar, P. and Sagar, V.R. 2014. Drying kinetics and physico-chemical characteristics of Osmo- dehydrated Mango, Guava and Aonla under different drying conditions. J. Food. Sci. Technol. 51 (8): 1540-1546. 8.20 (J210)
- Suresh Kumar, P., Kanwat, M. and Choudhary, V.K. 2013. Mathematical modeling and thin-layer drying kinetics of bamboo slices on convective tray drying at varying temperature. J. Food. Process. Preserv.37: 914-923 7.16 (J205)
- Awarded Best Paper award (Poster presentation) for the Paper authored by Yogeshwar Singh, Nangare DD, Suresh Kumar P, Mahesh Kumar, Patel DP., Bal S.K., Taware PB and Mihas PS. 2016. Influence of Plant growth regulators on alleviation of waterlogging in onion. Presented in session No VI on 16th November 2016 in the 7th International Meet on Doubling the Farmers Income through Horticulture at B.P Pal Auditorium, IARI, Pusa Campus, New Delhi, November 15-18, 2016.
- Awarded Best Research Paper award (Oral presentation) for the Paper authored by Yogeshwar Singh, Nangare DD, Suresh Kumar P, Mahesh Kumar, Prashant Kumar, Taware PB, Bal S.K., Rane, J and Singh NP., 2016. Dragon fruit: Wonder crop for degraded and water scarce areas during the International Conference on Climate Change adaptation and Biodiversity: Ecological sustainability and resource management for livelihood security, 8-10 December, 2016, Organized by Andaman Science Association, Central Island Agricultural Research Institute, Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Awarded Bioved Young Scientist Associate Award 2015 on the occasion of 17th Indian Agricultural Scientists and Farmers congress on Agri-innovation for enhancing production & Rural employment during 21-22 Feb. 2015 at Bioved Krishi Prodyogiki Gram Moharab, Allahabad by Bioved Research Institute of Agriculture & Technology, Allahabad, UP, India.
- Awarded Scientist of the year award-2014 by Samgra Vikas Welfare Society, Lucknow during the International Symposium on “Peri-Urban Agriculture for Improving Livelihood Opportunities” during 25-26 November 2014 at Institute of Financial Management Training & Research, 24/3, Indira Nagar, Lucknow – 226 016 (INDIA) chaired by Shri Ganesh Shankar Pandey, Honorable Speaker of Legislative Council, Uttar Pradesh.
- Awarded Best poster paper award for the poster entitled “Innovative techniques to obviate edaphic and drought stresses on pomegranate grown in shallow basaltic soils” which has been presented in the National seminar-cum-exhibition on “Pomegranate for Nutrition, livelihood security and Entrepreneurship development” during Dec 5-7, 2014 held at NRC Pomegranate, Solapur.
- KU Patel memorial award for the overall best paper entitled Traditional, ethnic and fermented foods of different tribes of Arunachal Pradesh published during 2010 in Indian Food Packer 65 (3) by All India Food Processors Association on 16th December 2011 at New Delhi.