|Specialization / Discipline
|| firstname.lastname@example.org , Ramajayam.Devarajan@icar.gov.in
|Salient Research Achievements
- Standardized and Developed different value added processed products from bananas.
- Standardized soil and water conservation technologies for growing Grand Naine in Jhum.
- Developed soil and water conservation methodologies to establish fruit trees in salt affected black soils of SAT region.
- Identified salt tolerant grape rootstock genotypes and their tolerance mechanism from in vitro and in vivo NaCl screening studies.
- Established oil palm germplasm block and obtained IC nos. for all the indigenous oil palm germplasm collations.
- Characterized 192 oil palm germplasm accessions using 45 polymorphic SSRs.
- Developed five oil palm genetic stocks: (i) dwarf tenera, (ii) virescens dura, (iii) high fruit set, (iv) sterile pisifera with virescence and (v) an American oil palm (Elaeis oleifera (HBK) Cortes) with early fruit maturity.
- Developed protocol and media for in vitro germination of oil palm zygotic embryos.
- Developed protocols and standardized media for somatic embryogenesis for oil palm zygotic embryos and immature male inflorescence.
- Developed a CAPS marker technology for SHELL trait to identify fruit forms in oil palm.
- Identified four linked SSR markers for fruit weight, titratable acidity and bacterial blight in pomegranate through association mapping.
Identified 10 novel miRNA in pomegranate using small RNA sequencing with Illumina Hiseg2000.
Production of doubled haploids for improvement of bananas (Musa spp.) (PI)
|Area of Interest
||Germplasm characterization, Haploids and doubled haploids breeding, Tissue culture, Screening for abiotic stresses
|Total Research Publications
|Best five Publications
- Kalyana Babu B, Mathur RK, Naveen Kumar P, Ravichandran G, Ramajayam D, Sparjan Babu DS. Development, identification and validation of CAPS marker for SHELL trait which governs dura, pisifera and tenera fruit forms in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.). 2017. PLoS ONE 12(2):e0171933. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0171933.
- Saminathan T, Bodunrin A, Singh NV, Ramajayam D, Nimmakayala P, Jeff M, Aradhya M and Reddy UK. Genome-wide identification of microRNAs in pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) by high-throughput sequencing. BMC Plant Biology. 2016; 16:122. doi: 10.1186/s12870-016-0807-3.
- Biswajit Mondal, Alka Singh, Sekar I, Sinha MK, Suresh Kumar and Ramajayam D (2015). Institutional arrangements for watershed development programmes in Bundelkhand region of Madya Pradesh, India: an explorative study. International Journal of Water Resources Development. 2016; 32(2): 219-231. doi:10.1080/07900627.2015.1060195.
- Singh NV, Abburi VL, Ramajayam D, Kumar R, Chandra R, Sharma KK, Sharma J, Dhinesh Babu K, Pal RK, Mundewadikar DM, Saminathan T, Cantrell R, Nimmakayala P, Reddy UK. (2015) Genetic diversity and association mapping of bacterial blight and other horticulturally important traits with microsatellite markers in pomegranate from India. Molecular Genetics and Genomics. 2015; 290:1393-1402. doi: 10.1007/s00438-015-1003-0.
- Ramajayam D, Singh SK, Singh AK, Patel VB and Alizadeh M. Mycorrhization alleviates salt stress in grape rootstocks during in vitro acclimatization. 2013; Indian Journal of Horticulture 70(1): 26-32.
- Certificate for securing First Rank during Ph.D programme in the Division of Horticulture, ICAR-IARI.
- Certificate of Appreciation as Outstanding in the Winter School by ICAR-IASRI.
- NAIP sponsored International training on ‘Marker Assisted Selection (MAS)’ at West Virginia State University, USA.
- Awarded for the Peerless Oral presentation in National Conference by SPH, ICAR-IIHR.
- Awarded ICAR-JRF and ICAR-SRF.
- Life Membership Certificate in 11 Professional Societies.