The 19th Research Advisory Committee Meeting of the ICAR-National Research Centre for Banana (NRCB), Tiruchirapalli was held in the Committee Room of the Centre on 18-19th January, 2018. The following persons were present in the meeting:
- Dr. S. N. Pandey, Former ADG (Hort.), Noida – Chairman
- Dr. W.S.Dhillon, Asst. Director General (HS-I), ICAR, New Delhi
- Dr. P. Ananda Kumar, Former Director, ICAR-NGCFP, Hyderabad – Member
- Dr. A. K. Misra, Former Head, CISH, Lucknow – Member
- Dr. N. Kumar, Former Dean, TNAU, Nagerkoil – Member
- Shri MN. Vaithianathan, Farmers (IMC), Rep., Lalgudi, Trichy
- Shri SP. Rajendran, Farmers’ (IMC) Rep., Kattuputhur
- Dr.S.Uma, Director, ICAR-NRCB, Trichy
- Dr. B. Padmanaban, PS & Member Secretary - RAC
On 18th Jan., 2018, the Team visited the Research Farm and experimental plots and has detailed discussion with the Scientists / Director about the ongoing research programmes and individual experiments. The Committee was impressed with the field performance of the experimental crops of research programmes and made some suggestions for further improvement.
After field visit, the meeting started with welcome address by Dr. B. Padmanaban, Member Secretary – RAC. The Chairman and other Members of RAC in their opening remarks appreciated the progress made by the Centre for the last one year and emphasized the need for more attention needs to be paid on controlling the spread of Foc.
Dr. S.Uma, Director, NRCB made detailed presentation on the research programmes made for the last one year. This was followed by the presentation of Action Taken Report on the recommendations of 18th RAC Meeting by Dr. B. Padmanaban, Member Secretary – RAC.
The Committee expressed satisfaction on the various actions taken / initiated by the Centre. This was deliberated and discussed thoroughly and some valuable suggestions were made by the committee. The proceedings were confirmed. This was followed by the presentation on the research programme of Crop Protection Scientists per agenda. On the next day (19.1.2018), presentation on the research programme of Crop Improvement and Crop Production were made by the Scientists of the concerned. The meeting came to end after the Chairman and RAC Members and Director’s remarks.