As the Director of NRCB, it has been an eventful and satisfying journey for me to witness the phenomenal growth of the Centre over last 25 years ...
Priority Monitoring & Evaluation Cell of ICAR-National Research Centre for Banana, Tiruchirapalli
|1||Dr.R.Selvarajan, Principal Scientist||Chairman|
|2||Dr.J.Poorani, Principal Scientist||Member|
|3||Dr.M.Mayil Vaganan, Principal Scientist & Chairman-RFD||Member|
|4||Dr.I.Ravi, Principal Scientist||Member|
|5||Dr.V.Kumar, Principal Scientist||Member|
|6||Dr.S.Backiyarani, Principal Scientist||Member|
|7||Dr.M.S.Saraswathi, Principal Scientist & I/c. ITMU||Member|
- To coordinate and synthesize the recommendations of QRT, RAC, IRC, Vision documents of the Institute and ICAR to recommend research priorities of the institution for shortlisting priority researchable problems across the mandated crop / programmes / divisions at institute level.
- Annual updating and presenting the report to the Director of the institution for assigning research projects.
- To coordinate and arrange for annual monitoring of each on-going project and evaluation of completed projects through internal and external experts.
- To coordinate and arrange for technology validation and or impact assessment of successful technology claimed by Scientist(s) through internal and external experts
- Maintaining a data base on all publications, technologies developed, IPRs, consultancies, projects undertaken in the past 10 years and on-going projects.
- The Chairman of the PME cell will act as Member Secretary of the IRC of the Centre.
- To arrange for conduct of IRC in consultation with the Director and to prepare proceedings and implementation of the recommendations of IRC.
- To review the progress made under the externally funded projects, consultancy projects and submit half yearly reports.
- Scrutinize the research project proposals RPP1 with the help of internal and external experts and its implementation.
- Preparation of Technical Reports, HYPM reports and monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reports and timely submission.
- Preparation of all technical documents and correspondence.
- Scrutinizing of all research papers before sending it for publication in journals, seminars, symposium, conference etc.
- Maintenance of RPP I, II, III and IV and other reports submitted by the scientists.
- Mrs.C.S.Jacqueline, Technical Officer will assist the Chairman (PME Cell) in maintaining the files and other related works of PMEC.
- Any other work as and when assigned by the Director.