|Specialization / Discipline
||Horticulture / Production System Management
|Salient Research Achievements
- Standardized season of planting for commercial cultivars of banana
- Standardized integrated weed management practices for banana.
- Standardized mulching and fertigation technology
- Standardized planting systems, spacing and nutritional requirement for commercial cultivars of banana
- Standardized stage wise nutrient requirement for enhancing the quality production of banana cv. Udhayam.
- Development of clump management technology for enhanced productivity in banana(PI)
- Studies on Nutrient Dynamics in Banana (Co-PI)
- Organic banana farming for sustainable soil healthand nutritional security (Co-PI)
|Current Research Projects(External)
Development of banana sucker paring equipment, pseudo-stem injector, bunch harvester and pseudo-stem outer sheath plate making equipment (CC-PI)
|Area of Interest
||Crop Production System Management/ Integrated Nutrient Management/ Precision farming/ Good Agricultural Practices for Banana
|Total Research Publications
|Best five Publications
- Sundararaju, P. and V. Kumar. 2003. Management of root-lesion nematode,Pratylenchus coffeae in six commercial cultivars of banana through organic and inorganic amendments. Info Musa. 12: 35-38
- Uma, S., Kalpana, S., Sathiamoorthy, S. and V. Kumar. 2005. Evaluation of Commercial cultivars of banana (Musa spp.) for their suitability for fibre industry.Plant Genetic Resources Newsletter No. 142: 29-35.
- Shiva shankar, S. and V. Kumar. 1999. Pattern of fruit development in six banana varieties. Indian J. Plant Physiology 4 (4): 286-288.
- Sundararaju, P., Mustaffa, M.M., Kumar, V., Cannayane, I. and Tanuja Priya, B. 2002. Effect of organic farming on plant parasitic nematodes infesting banana cv. Karpuravalli. Current Nematology 13: 39-43
- Uma, S., Kalpana, S. and Kumar, V. 2007. Evaluation of culinary Musagermplasm for fibre yield and quality. The Indian J. Agric. Sciences 77 (8): 553-557.
- Fellow of Association for the Improvement in Production and Utilization of Banana.
- Fellow of Confederation of Horticultural Associations of India.